If you’ve suffered from a workplace injury in New Mexico, then you need to contact our workers’ compensation lawyer as soon as possible. Many of us work full-time jobs and spend a large percentage of our time in the workplace. Unfortunately, this means that sometimes people may experience incidents and injuries while at work. The number of workplace accidents that happen can seem surprising. If you’ve had an injury while on the job, then you need a workers’ compensation lawyer on your side. At the Quiñonez Law Firm, we understand the complex laws that dictate worker’s compensation cases. Our goal is to protect the rights of injured workers in New Mexico.
If you or someone you know needs legal representation in their worker’s compensation case, look no further than Quiñonez Law Firm!
How a Workers Compensation Lawyer Can Help
If you’ve been injured in a workers comp case, you deserve compensation for:
- Medical treatment for your injuries
- Compensation for time loss if the injury prevents you from working
- Loss of earning power benefits if you must work a lighter job afterward
- Vocational retraining if you aren’t able to return to previous work
- Permanent partial disability if applicable
- Structured settlements for those over 55 years of age
- L & I pension if unable to return to work
Common Workplace Injuries
Workplace injuries are far too common in the United States. According to reports, nearly 3 million nonfatal workplace injuries occur each year, with each injury resulting in an average of 3 weeks of missed time. Often, even after recovery, these injuries have lasting effects for months, years, or decades.
Among the most common workplace injuries are:
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Being hit by falling/moving objects
- Muscle strain
- Repetitive strain injury
While these happen to be the most common, there is a wide range of different injuries that occur every year if you aren’t sure if your injury counts, speaking with your employer and an experienced worker’s compensation lawyer should help.
What You Should Do After a Workplace Injury
If you or someone you know has experienced a workplace injury, then concrete steps need to happen taken to ensure that you remain healthy and legally protected.
- Acquire medical aid and assistance as soon as possible. Just like with a normal injury, the first priority should always be to obtain medical assistance.
- As soon as is feasible, give your employer all the information about your injury, including the sequence of events that led up to that injury. The more information you can record, the better for your potential case.
- Whenever possible, file your claim with the Division of Worker’s Compensation. You have one year to file, but it is best to file as soon as possible.
- Contact a trusted worker’s compensation attorney to handle your case and ensure you receive the resources and support you deserve.
Statistics About Workplace Injuries and Workers Compensation
As we’ve stated before, the United States alone is estimated to experience roughly 3 million nonfatal injuries per year. But by diving into the numbers, we can better contextualize that number and understand which professions are more prone to injury.
- Occupations that have the most workplace injury on average are fishers and fishing-related workers. Heavy truck drivers, loggers, roofers, and nursing assistants also have higher than average injury rates.
- Retail trade has seen an increase in injuries over the past 5 years.
- Sprains and strains make up the bulk of workplace injuries.
- The older you are, the more likely you will have to spend significant time away from work or with a work restriction.
We Will Give Your Case The Attention It Deserves
Every worker’s comp case is entirely unique, and each should be treated as such. There is no single best approach to these kinds of claims. However, many people can return to their jobs, while others must take the steps necessary to find a new career or position. Regardless of your individual situation, we will handle the legal aspect of your case while you focus on recovering.
Contact Us For Your Worker’s Compensation Case Today!
Workplace injury cases can be tricky, which is why quality legal representation is key to a successful case. As New Mexico’s premier workers’ compensation lawyer, Carlos Quiñonez can provide a workplace compensation lawyer ready to help you with your case. Give us a call or visit our office to get started!