No one expects to get involved in a slip and fall accident while going about day-to-day activities. Because our bodies are unprepared, there are often compromised body mechanics during the fall that can contribute to the severity of the injuries. Contact us today if you’ve been injured in this kind of accident. Our slip and fall accident lawyers in El Paso can help you with legal advice and representation for your case. Call us today for proper representation at (915) 533-0009
Where Do Slip and Fall Accidents Occur in El Paso?
While El Paso doesn’t see a lot of ice and sleet, slip and falls often occur because of wet floors, spilled liquids, inadequate or lack of entry mats, and various other hazards. Sometimes unexpected objects can also impede your pathway of travel, causing a hazard.
Other times, people can trip over:
- Large sidewalk cracks
- Debris left on the floor
- Poor lighting
- Small unmarked steps
- Failure to place warnings of a substance on the floor
- Failure to clean substances
- Poorly maintained exits and entrances
- Not following local municipal codes during construction or repairs
It’s also possible for steps or handrails to fail, thus causing a person to fall.
Common Slip and Fall Injuries In El Paso
Each year, nearly one million people encounter a slip and fall accident across the country. Injuries can range from bruises and bumps to fractures, broken limbs, or even death. Some of the most common injuries we’ve had in court include:
- Head injuries
- Bank and spinal cord
- Shoulder injuries
- Hip fractures
Having a slip and fall lawyer help your case can greatly increase your chances of proper compensation.
Property Ownership and Responsibility
All El Paso and Texas property owners are responsible for maintaining their premises safely and functionally. If you slip and fall or are otherwise injured. At the same time, shopping, visiting a business, or on someone else’s property, you likely can file a claim against the business or property owner because they are responsible for maintaining a safe environment.
What Should I Do If I’ve Been Injured in a Slip and Fall Accident?
Being part of a slip and fall accident can leave you with many questions on what to do next. Knowing that a slip and fall lawyer in El Paso is your best bet at getting fair compensation and proper representation is one of the first steps to take.
- Seek medical attention immediately. Your well-being is important, and medical examination can also assess and document any injuries.
- Immediately report the incident to the staff or property owner so the incident can be documented. This is also important if you are a tenant on a rental property. If you’re at someone else’s home, let them know about the incident.
- If possible, take or have another person take photos of the exact spot the incident occurred.
- Obtain the names and phone numbers of anyone who witnessed the incident.
- Please don’t speak to others about our incident until you’ve met with a slip and fall accident lawyer.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer In El Paso Can Help You
There’s almost no precise way to determine a complete fault for a slip and fall injury. Cases are looked at by determining whether or not the property owner had taken the fullest precautions to avoid any accidents.
In most cases, someone will prove that the cause of the accident or injury was a dangerous spot, and the owner was aware as well. A dangerous condition must also show an unreasonable risk to the person or property and that the injured party should not have anticipated under the circumstances.
To provide evidence that the property owner knew of a dangerous condition, it must prove:
- The owner created the condition.
- The owner knew about the condition but did not correct it.
- The condition existed for a length of time that the owner should have discovered and corrected before the accident.
The property owner must have known or foreseen that negligence would create more danger for them to be held liable. Providing proof that the accident was not your fault and the fault of the other party could be as simple as not labeling a slippery or wet location.
Proving their negligence and providing medical recorders that show the accident put you at a loss physically, financially, and emotionally is your best chance.
A strong and knowledgeable slip and fall accident lawyer is the best choice for positive results in these cases.
Call the Quiñonez Law Firm Today To Represent You
Contact the slip and fall accident lawyer at the Quiñonez Law Firm today at (915) 533-0009.
We understand that unforeseen incidents like slip and fall accidents can cause a lot of harm. If you or someone you know has been injured, please contact us, and our slip and fall lawyer in El Paso will be happy to set up a consultation.